Revealing Trend - Cutouts

Greetings Fashion Pad Readers,

How was every one's weekend??? I hope you guys had a great time ;-) I worked party of mine but I still enjoyed myself very much. I had a little blip on Saturday morning but it can't always be perfect.

So I have come across a trend that I'm kinda loving. Cutout dresses have been spotted on our fav celebs for the past several months. Now, I've also seen this trend appearing in our retail stores as well.



Leighton Meester rocked this elegant cutout dress at the screening of her film back in January. I love how graceful and flowy the skirt of the dress is as it makes a dramatic start from the cutouts along the waistline. Ciara was spotted at the BEP Benefit Concert last month in this super revealing number. Ciara is young and has a great body and only she and Halle Berry could have pulled this off without tongues wagging. I love it!



Nicole Ritchie looked glamorous at Elton John's AIDS Foundation party late last month. The cutouts are elegant and really sexy. Kudos to Nicole for choosing a hot number. Kate Bosworth went with a subtle, peekaboo cutout when she attended the Sundance festival back in January. You see, the cutout trend does not have to be too revealing for some of you conservative folks.

Ciara is again spotted enjoying this trend at the 53rd Grammy Awards last month in this Emilio Pucci cutout gown. I'm not a big fan of this dress as it reminds me of a warrior or Grecian goddess style. But, for the sake of this post, it is pertinent.



So what options are there in the stores right now if you're interested in this trend? Take a look below at a couple.

Left - Max Azria Cutout Crepe Dress
Right - Cutout Colorblock Sweater Dress

The cutout on the Max Azria dress is subtle and classy. In contrast, the sexy cutouts on the dress from Arden B are daring, but still relatively modest.

Left - Motel Cutout Fitted Dress
Right - Zip Sleeve Cutout Dress
$34.99 (on sale) http://www.bebe.com/

The dress by Motel leaves a lasting impression as you walk away. The dress by Bebe is a bit bold, but it still is a fun, and affordable way to rock this trend.




Happy Shopping!





Arrivederci!

Comments